Already have a Username/Password for vis-à-vis: Explorations in Anthropology?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- When available, the URLs to access references online are provided, including those for open access versions of the reference. The URLs are ready to click (e.g., http://pkp.sfu.ca).
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font with 1-inch margins; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and has all illustrations, figures, and tables placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the Author Guidelines. Submissions must comply with the Chicago Manual of Style, 14th edition. Refer to the American Anthropological Association for a quick guide.
- The submission is no longer than 25 pages, excluding notes, appendices and references.
- In order to ensure the integrity of the blind peer-review, the submitter has taken the steps with regard to text and file properties summarized in Ensuring a Blind Peer Review.
This journal and the works therein are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License.
The journal does not require authors of original research papers, reviews or articles to assign copyright of their published contributions. Authors grant the journal an exclusive license to first publication, in return for which they can reuse their papers in their future printed work without first requiring permission from the publisher of the journal.
Authors are required to license their work under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License. In summary, under this license, readers are free to share (copy, distribute and transmit) and remix (adapt) the contribution under these conditions: attribution in the manner specified by the author or licenser; non-commercial—readers and users cannot re-use the material for commercial purposes; and share alike—if readers or other users alter, transform or build upon the work, they may distribute this work only under the same or similar license to this one.
We welcome feedback and comments our license policy. Please use the email link provided in the Contact page of the About section.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for communications regarding this journal, and as necessary to facilitate the publication process. No personal information will be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.